Friday, May 28, 2010

Baby, Race, and Rocks!

4 Months of Parenthood

Logan is now 4 months old and loving life. He is pushing 16 pounds. Who needs a gym membership when you can have your own personal weight that keeps getting heaveir as you get stronger? Logan is growing like a weed. One day he fits into an outfit and the next day he is popping the snaps open. Here are just some random pictures from the past month.




This picture makes me laugh. Every once in awhile I will look at Logan and he has this expression on his face. I got lucky one day and caught it on camera. I call it his "Guess what I am thinking" look.

Logan's homemade play gym

My arm was getting tired of holding things in the air for Logan to look at. So Aaron took some spare ribbon from my sewing kit and made this for Logan and my arm. It is very easy to put away and as a bonus it doesn't take up a lot of space. He is getting really good at grabbing things and pulling them down. Logan likes to look at books when I hold them in front of him. I am excited to read him bedtime stories. If anyone has any suggestions of must have children books let me know!



Logan has discovered his ability to roll over. He like to roll halfway and stay on his side when he plays with things. The other day I put him down for a nap. After about 25 minutes of no noise, I decided it was safe to go get his dirty laundry. I thought I would find a peaceful sleeping Logan. But what I found was Logan rolling from side to side playing with the bumpers, looking at his moblie, or just rolling around. It has been an amazing 4 months and I know the future will just get better!


*************************************

RACE FOR RED
Aaron's work hosted the 2nd annual "Race for Red." This was the first offical 5k that Aaron and I have run. It was a blast. Of course it was raining but have no fear Logan's jogging stroller has a rain guard! I have never ran with him in the rain, so I didn't know how he would react to the pitter-patter of the rain. The stroller doesn't fit in the car with Logan's car seat so Aaron biked it to the start of the race and I drove there with Logan. There were over 315 people running the race. Aaron and I were numbers 20 and 21. Logan was 21.5!

The race started with us running to the Rocky Theme song "Gonna fly now" over the intercom. It made me laugh...no really...I laughed out loud as I ran down the road. The last time I saw Aaron was as he rounded the first corner. I didn't see again him until I crossed the finish line. Logan and I cruised along passing people right and left. We never got passed! I had saved my energy to sprint the last 100 yards of the race but when I got there they sent us through a field of wet green grass. That was the hardest part of the whole race was pushing the stroller through the mushy soccer field. My arms were very tired after the race not my legs.


Logan and I were the first Mom/Baby combo to cross the finish line. I am pretty proud of that! I ran it in 29:09.0 and was the 36th women to finish. It wasn't my fastest run but it was still fun.

Aaron did really well. Aaron ran it in 20:52.2. He took 9th over all and 8th among males. Not bad for his first race. Although he is sort of disappointed; he got his trash kicked by a thirteen year old boy. This kid was insanely fast and Aaron tried to catch him but he beat Aaron by about 30 seconds. Aaron vowed next year that kid is going down.


Yeah!! We did it! Note Logan with his thumb in his mouth.




Here is a picture of Aaron and his co-workers. At least those that were lucky to get the day off to run the race.


Way to go CVICU!



**********************************
The Southern Bennions

Aaron and I were getting sick of the sleet/snow outside. So we became snowbirds and went south for a few days. Aaron had never been to Cedar Breaks before. We decided to drive the loop. This is the veiw from the Northern side. We found out that the 2 mile road connecting the Southern side to Northern side was closed due to snow. BUMMER! I really like the Southern View much better. Guess we will have to do it another time.


I am always amazed at the beauties of the world. There is such a range of wonder in nature from the red rock to lush green trees.





Heading South can mean only one thing...getting to visit our awsome nephew and nieces (Oh Kent and Natalie you're cool too). We called my sister-in-law and found out that Callie was gradutating from pre-school the next day. We just couldn't miss this important event in her life! So we went a visiting.


Callie is such a cutie. Here she is at her graduation ceremony! Watch out these kids are going to be our leaders one day!


Congrats Callie!

We spent the next day looking for "glass rock" at an old mine. Callie and Tucker were really excited to show us the place they look for rocks. These are just a few pictures from the outing.









What explorers!

Thanks for the fun few days Kent and Natalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment